Believe it or not, distraction is everywhere when you’re working remotely full-time or freelance. Aside from errands, chores, and personal responsibilities, websites and other online activities are also tempting when you’re working without someone looking over your shoulder and telling you to wrap it up and get back to work!
You sit down and face your computer, and you swear you’ll be productive and get your to-do-list done. Next thing you know, its six hours later. You’ve checked your email, updated your Facebook status, browsed through your Instagram feeds, watched your favourite band on Youtube, read every post in your Twitter feeds, cyber-stalked your crush, blown through 100 pages of work-unrelated websites and voila, you lost a whole day of productivity.
It’s easy to say “just turn it off” or “just quit it”, but research shows that it’s not at all easy to do. Our brains crave the rewards triggered by digital distractions – the tiny hits of dopamine that keep us checking, responding, nibbling away.
Thankfully, I started using this website blocker called Freedom and reclaimed my focus and productivity. As a happy user, Freedom helps me protect my time and attention from online distractions. I was unaware of the negative impact that online distractions had on my work output – until I experienced the zen-like quiet of Freedom time when I’m working.
Using Freedom makes it easy to:
- Eliminate distractions and focus on a single task – You can choose to block websites and apps or even the entire internet if you want to. With your distractions blocked, you can get into your workflow and stay on task.
- Break bad habits – Just working distraction-free helps break the habit of checking whatever digital source is beckoning. The more you experience Freedom time, the more you’ll find it necessary.
- Build new (good) habits – Start small, and then build new habits of longer periods of focused work time. Treat your email like a mailbox (the mail comes and goes once a day) and enjoy your social media proactively on your time (not in respond mode.)
- Be more productive – You’ll be amazed at how much you get done using Freedom Website Blocker.
The Amazing Features of Freedom Website Blocker
1. Block Apps, Websites and the Entire Internet
- Whether it’s Facebook, ESPN, or Youtube, Freedom website blocker blocks an unlimited number of distracting websites so you can focus on what matters.
- Freedom website blocker also lets you block time-wasting phone and desktop apps—from email clients to addicting games.
- You can even block the entire internet when you need a break or a focus with just a click of a button.
- Assign blocklists to any device or schedule
- Create an unlimited number of customized block lists for all your needs
- Select websites and apps from its preset lists
2. Schedule Freedom Sessions
Build new, productive habits with its scheduling feature. Set it and forget it!
- Sessions start automatically on your devices – no willpower necessary!
- Schedule recurring sessions (hours/days of week)
- Schedule sessions in advance
- Assign any devices or blocklists to your scheduled sessions
3. Build Habits with Locked Mode
For the days when your willpower needs an extra boost, enable Locked Mode to prevent you from ending a block session. Keep your focus, your commitment to your goals, and break your most pernicious habits.
- Prevents modifying Freedom sessions when running
- Of course, you can still add sites while Locked Mode is enabled
- Prevents sign-out on your devices
4. Cover All of Your Devices
Whether you use Mac, Windows, iPhone, or iPad, Freedom can sync blocks across all of your devices. Sit down to work knowing you’re completely in control of distractions. Covered devices include:
- Mac OS X 10.8 – 10.13
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10
- iOS 9+ (iPad, iPhone)
5. Other Awesome Features:
- Whitelisting: select sites you want to access and block everything else
- Stats and reports to track your progress
- Regular updates for iOS app
Freedom is used by writers, software developers, researchers, editors, executives, marketers, students and many more.
Join over 750,000 people using Freedom website blocker to be more productive. You can get started for FREE, and cover all your devices for less than $2.50 a month with 60-Day Money-Back Guarantee.